Location: Surrey, BC
Cloud9 Solutions is a rapidly growing Managed Services Provider that offers a range of IT Consulting, Managed IT, and Cloud services for organizations looking to source and implement IT solutions and IT services in their businesses or in the cloud.
The Helpdesk and Service Technician role is an important member of our team as they are largely the most client facing member handling a large number of helpdesk phone support calls and emails as well as perform onsite visits to clients when a hands on approach is required. This requires a person that is experienced in customer service and is comfortable in as well as able to defuse a stressful situation.
The qualified candidate will have basic IT skills as well as experience in all Microsoft Windows environments. They will also have general knowledge and understanding of computer and network hardware, printers and multifunction’s as well as have the ability to multitask. They must have a class 5 driver’s license and a reliable vehicle as well as a strong command of the English language including written, spoken and understanding.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Set up and configure computers and peripheral equipment such as printers, scanners, etc
- Perform audits and tests on computer systems, networks and hardware to ensure it is functioning properly
- Respond to support requests and assist in troubleshooting any problems that arise
- Attempt to replicate reported technical problems and look for solutions
- Ensure all software and hardware is up-to-date and install updates as required
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to avoid system outages and failures
- Maintain computer network, system and hardware documentation for colleagues to reference
- Train colleagues on how to effectively use computer systems and components
Qualifications for this role:
- Certificate or associate's degree in a relevant field is an asset
- 1+ years experience in a technical support or customer service role are desired
- Exemplify strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand and brainstorm creative solutions to complex problems is essential
- Must have strong time management skills and work productively with minimal supervision
- Familiarity and understanding of the functions of basic computer hardware and software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language and a collaborative attitude are a must
- Ability to explain technical problems in layman's terms
- Must have sound analytical thinking problem solving skills
If this sounds like you and you are interested in joining the C9S team then please fill out our online application form. Only those qualified for an interview will be contacted.